Monday, October 28, 2013

Flirt 2 Convert (It Works)

I'm ALIVE!!!!
     Holy cow what a week... AGAIN!  this week has been awesome.  I feel like i get redundant, because I say that so much. Oh well. I mean it.
Okay so we are in a new area MARION! And my companion and I opened it! So there was a little pressure but its all good.  We (I) decided we wanted to be the best. Big surprise right. We wanted to have the best numbers in our whole zone.  So we made it a matter of prayer and lots of fasting! Like i said last week we hit the ground running. We just went out and talked to everybody! It was awesome!!!! By the end of the week we had 12 new real progressing investigators, 9 of which committed to being baptized and 2 who are getting baptized in the next 3 weeks. It has been a huge blessing! Seriously! We put all our faith in the Lord and BELIEVED that every person we talked to will be converted!  It has been a blessing and strengthened my testimony! Our zone could not believe the success we are having! They asked my to speak to our zone at zone conference to talk about what we are doing and what changes we are making.

     One thing that i want to talk about is how we can make our experience personable.   I have come to understand that with our personalities and the spirit people can learn for themselves the truth of this gospel.  This simple true gospel.  I believe our personalities are a piece of Christs personalities. But he had them all mastered, which made him the ultimate teacher.  we must learn to be ourselves and work with the spirit to find and teach people.  People don't want to talk to a robot.  The want to talk to a REAL person. A person that has been where they are, a person that can relate.  But also a person that has overcome these struggles.  And through the gospel we all overcome obstacles.  People must feel the love we have for them.  I have truly grown to love everyone i come in contact with.  They become my friends, my family.

     I also want to talk about fear. Fear is something that can make or brake a missionary.This week one of my personal goals was to be fearless.  Thinking about where I come from and who I am held me back I think.  As an athlete we are taught to be warriors, gladiators, fearless men.  Then we go on a mission and feel the total opposite.  I felt insignificant, timid, vulnerable.  I then had a epiphany.  We are warriors, gladiator, champions of Jesus Christ.  We go to battle or have a match against Satan every day.  Each day a new game or championship to win.  This gave me a purpose.  I am driven.  I will be the best player, and win all games. Finding this out it has changed my outlook.  I have talked to everyone.  I have not let myself feel fear.  It is so important to try and talk to EVERY single person I see.  When we let ourselves go and fall into the gospel we become true disciples of Christ.  And with Christ i feel fearless.

     Okay on to our investigators!  We met the most amazing people! First is James and Harley! A couple living together and they have a little girl.  They live in the scariest part of town so every time we finish teaching them I run to the car and lock myself in! I know i am a giant black man but most of you know I am a little girl. ahahhahaha  I seriously feel like one day i am going to get shot!  But Harley and James read the WHOLE BOOK OF MORMON in a night!!! They said it felt so good and peaceful that they couldn't stop! They both committed to be baptized.

    Then there is blaiz.  I talked about him last week.  He told us about he wanted to kill himself multiple times and god wouldn't let him die.  He is only 19.  Every time i talk to him I cry.  He knows the church is true, and said he didn't even have to ask and pray to find out he just could feel it! But he did pray and ask and said he got a strong answer.  He had an addiction to chewing tobacco, but gave it up in a instant because he said he will do anything to be baptized.  Which again made me cry.  He gets big sores in his mouth and you can tell it hurts but he wont give up.  He asked for a blessing and asked me to give him it.  It was amazing.  It was a blessing of healing.  I could just feel how much love Heavenly Father had for him.  He is doing much better now!
It is amazing to me these people that have been put in my life.  I feel so honored to know them.  They all are so strong in their faith already and its amazing for me to watch their conversion.  They are all miracles.  I love this church!!! I know its true! I love you all!! Thank you for the letters and emails!!!!! PRAY!!!!!!!!


Elder Spatch

-Pics of fixing a roof... which i had no idea what i was doing. i just wanted to look cool with a tool belt ha.
- and one of my favorite places to get tobacco ha.  
-and the elder and sister Farr the most amazing senior couple







No comments:

Post a Comment