Monday, November 4, 2013

The Ups and Downs

Hey.


What a week it has been!  It is crazy to think that i have been here for a month.  Time does fly! This week has been challenging! I was wondering when i would get hit with a trial, cause its been going TOO GOOD!!!

To start branch is starting to like/trust us!  Which is great cause we get fed more ha!  For a while we were cooking every night of the week for ourselves!! We got to go to some cool member houses.  Most are like these huge Victorian homes and i dig them. Ill show some pics.  And then others are these farm homes that just have like 10 acres of land surrounding them.  The branch has a wide range of people!  I have grown to really love all of them, because they all are so very different and they love to talk about their past struggles and how they came to the gospel.  It really inspires me to find people! 

Okay so we were tracking(going door to door) in this neighborhood and were about to leave when all the sudden we had a feeling we needed to go down this street.  So we started walking and every person we met slammed the door in our face and then we got to like the second to last house and a girl, a young mom with 2 kids opens it and says, "NO WAY! I WAS JUST LOOKING UP YOUR CHURCH 3 HOURS AGO!!!!"  So pretty much the church is true and that was the most amazing thing.  I feel so blessed to be this close to the spirit to just follow where it tell us to go!  Anyway her name is Rebekah, and she is awesome! We also met Donna and her son Steve who is 55! they are the funniest humans alive.  Steve was in a crazy accident when he was 2o so he has been crippled ever since but his humor kills me.  We go over every other night.  Donna is just like my grandma Adonna.  Sassy and hilarious, but still classy.  I love her.  She came to church this past sunday, and during sacrament said,"whats with the little piece of bread! I could have ate that whole plate!" and then she said... "What no wine? what kind of sick joke is this!" i about died.  He picture is below.

Later in the week we had zone conference taught by all the AP's and our Mission President!  It was seriously awesome!  It was a lot about obedience and hard work.  We watched the video about the football player that carried this guy on his back blindfolded from endzone to endzone. If you havent watched it then go look it up. its from some movie.  But the kid was blind folded so he had no idea how far he was from the opposite end. I just loved this because it shows when we push ourselves we achieve more. a thought that came to me was - We don't grow in the state of being comfortable.  We have to strain ourselves.  I relate this to being an athlete.  Our muscles don't grow unless we get uncomfortable with more weight.

This week has also been tough, because we haven't had people progressing as much.  we had so many new investigators but now i feel like we are last on their list to see.  So its been hard for me because i feel like God should just make them know that what I know is true.  But he gave us the loving plan of agency which lets us choose.  I think this is one trial i will have on my mission... being PATIENT! I think my faith in God is being tested to see if i really will put all my trust in him.  A mission is seriously hard.  There are times when i just want to go home BUT i wont because if i could get one person to know and feel the blessings i have felt in 
my life, then 2 years is worth it.

I love this gospel.  Don't fear sharing it with others, because you never know who is ready to hear it.  If we all just TRY i know that's all Heavenly Father asks.

Oh! here is my actual Apt address, but that could change after November 24 so send to the mission office after that.

Love you all!!

1385 Southland PKWY
Marion, OH 43302

Elder Patch





No comments:

Post a Comment