Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Patience IS a Virtue

Another week down!  Time is really starting to fly.  But I don't know if i want to hold onto it.  I feel as if i learn a new principle or lesson every week, so I look for every new week.  I've noticed that I learn a lot more from a mission than i ever thought I would.  Although the people we meet and teach learn from us, I feel like im learning so much more from them.  Each one has a story, a struggle, a temptation, a victory, a life.  They are teaching me so much.  I think so often we take for granted the people we surround ourselves with. We often just enjoy their jokes and company but to often forget to look on their life. Others have experienced things we (you) haven't. These experiences of others can grant you an entirely new perception on something.   This week as it is Thanksgiving, look at the people around you.  Get to know them.  And then appreciate their story, and their life.  Once you do this I PROMISE it'll change yours.

What a week.  I want to share a story of two people.  One is Joe and the other Gary Jackson... Joe we met through another investigator; Tasha. He was a drug addict and just finally overcame this.  He found comfort in his church, and its members.  He was looking at for a new church.  He felt very secure in his faith.  Side Note- When I meet people like this i ask them to first keep an open mind, and heart.  Then promise them that the FULL gospel of Jesus Christ has so much MORE in store for them. Most of the time they decide to listen... Thankfully Joe did.  We met with him and Tasha last week and taught the Restoration.  He said he was really interested about the Book of Mormon.  He began to read with Tasha and they would stop every so verses and ponder what they thought it meant and how it pertained to them. Genius.  While both were reading they said they put their books down and both lifted them back up after a minute of talking and BOTH THEIR PAGES OF BOTH THEIR BOOKS HAD TURNED. Neither of them remembered turning the page.  So they said they got chills and read really fast to get to that page!HA! They said their was a verse on that page that both of them needed.They are getting Baptized at December 21.    Joe later that week went to a group council meeting for his church where they sat around and talked about how it is important to find a church that feels right.  He spoke up and said well these Mormon missionary boys have been talking to me!  Everyone in the room started laughing hysterically at him and Tasha.  He stood up and said, " I dont know whats funny." He said everyone went dead silent.  He said he felt so angry and hurt.  He said It didnt feel like God was in that church. He knew what he felt about the Book of Mormon and was so upset that people would laugh at his experience with it.  I started to cry AGAIN just thinking about how much faith that took.  I am so proud to know him.
Gary Jackson.  What a guy. He was a referral form another member, and he was so ready.  He listened to every word we said.  He agreed and like understood everything! Which is rare.  Later we came back and he said he knew the Book of Mormon is a true book.  He then said that he wanted to come to church.  So he came and had the most amazing time.  A lot of people knew him, cause he is a handy man.  So to say the least he is prettttty popular in the Branch.  He said he felt the spirit so strong at church. He is going to be baptized Dec. 21 .  He is also obsessed with Katy Perry. so last night we had a dance party listening to her new album.  I love that guy.  He is such a CHARACTER! I have a pic of him below.

Both of these people have unique and amazing stories, and I wish I could go into detail.  Once i get to know, really know these people I absolutely love them.  Then I think about how much Heavenly Father must love them.  Then I think about how much He must love me to trust ME to teach his children. My brothers and sisters.  I really feel inadequate at times to do this great thing, but I KNOW HE WILL ALWAYS MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE. I love you all. 

OH! Im staying in Marion OH another transfer so keep writing me letters!!
1385 Southland PKWY
Marion, OH 43302





No comments:

Post a Comment