Monday, November 11, 2013

Fake It Till You Make It

Sup.

Well time is just flying by! I wont lie I feel like i've been here a year! But its been almost two months... oh well! HA!
This week has been really great and strengthened my testimony of missionary work.  there are so many facets of missionary work.  We had a zone conference this week and in the conference some other missionaries said when they dropped some of their investigators then they found others to replace them instantly.  This was super hard for me, because i learn to love everyone i meet!  I feel like they are all my best friends so i cant just "drop" my best friend.  But i prayed and prayed about it and just felt like we needed to drop some people that weren't progressing.  It about killed me.  But in that same day we got 5 new investigators!  We now have 17 investigators that are all pretty much progressing.  All on different paces but still progressing.
This week helped my confidence a TON! HA! we were out contacting and we knocked on some door and this 15 yr old girl answers and screamed! ahahhaha She was like, "youre BEN PATCH!" and i felt so good inside that i wasn't forgotten hahah.  She called her friend to come over then we took pics and of course i told them to go follow me on instagram! HA! So i guess they play for a local high school or something! And so this is where "flirt to convert" comes in and we are teaching these girls again this week! HOLLA! 
On Saturday I got to baptize Margie.  She is a blessing.  She is this little tiny lady, and was smoking 5 pack of cigs a day.  She wanted to give everything up to be baptized.  She didnt care what it took.  She worked so hard.  In one week she went from 5 packs to 0 because she got a priesthood blessing! What a blessing! I remember crying while baptizing her because i remember putting her under and watching her come a new person.  I didnt even recognize her.  She just glows now.  I love her.  And i want so many others to experience what she did. 

We were out looking for some old investigators and we went to this one house and knocked and asked if she was the girl we were looking for and she said no.  So we just decided to ask her if she was interested herself about the Mormon church.  She said sure! so we came back the next day and taught her a lesson.  It went amazing and the spirit was so strong.  We then asked her to pray and she agreed.  She immediately started to cry... And i started to cry with her.. sobbing more like.  She begged Heavenly Father to help her raise her 3 kids right.  She is amazing. Her name is Tasha.  And i guess her husband just left her.  Its amazes me what people have to go through out here.  I cant believe how fortunate I am.  This mission if anything else has really just opened my eyes to what i need to focus on in my life.
I sincerely love this gospel.  It is changing peoples lives as well as mine.  There are some really rough times and i almost give up.  But that would be selfish.  I want to change as many lives as I can.  I love you all! Be missionaries while you are home!!
And thank you for the letters! people write me!
Love
Elder Spatch





No comments:

Post a Comment