Monday, December 2, 2013

Hope vs. Knowledge

A Mission is HARRRRDDDDDD!  But its worth it.


Every week i find myself confronted with a new challenge or test. And by the end of the week I get some type of help.  Heavenly father really knows me better than I do, because he knows just how to test me in every situation.  Although the people we teach are learning and growing... so am I.  A mission is worth so much.  Its worth all the doubts and struggles and pain, because i have the ability to change someones eternity's.  So all of you back home that aren't Mormon... I'm coming for ya when i get back! HA!


This week has been so amazing.  But also has really pushed me to rely not on myself.  So much in my life i have demanded my independence and being on a mission demands the total opposite.  You have to rely on everyone else beside yourself.  This has been my biggest struggle.  This week we taught this family: Rose, Mark, and their son Phillip.  She really wanted to find THE TRUTH.  Not anything less.  I could relate to her.  I promised her that she has found it. She asked how do i know that?  I thought for a couple seconds... which felt like forever.  I then responded I don't KNOW for sure that everything is true.  I DONT KNOW forsure that a 14yr old boy saw Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.  But I do know after praying and asking for myself that I received some sort of answer.  I have FAITH that it was from my Heavenly Father.  I hope that it is true.  Hope is everything.  If we have hope for things that are true but not seen then Heavenly Father will fill in those gaps.  So that's exactly whats happened on my mission.  Little by little Heavenly Father fills in these gaps of doubt with knowledge.  I have faith in something long enough He will let you know the rest.  Rose thought for a moment and she really understood.  She said she hopes what we said is true.  She is willing to put in the work to find out, and that's all we can do.  We put in the work and then we are blessed with an answer.

I had the most interesting Thanksgiving.  So my companion the night before went ghost white then went kinda green.  So during the night at 1am i heard him slam a door and i woke up so confused still being half asleep.  So i got up and he was having some fun in the bathroom over the toilet.  He was seriously sick.  Well i woke up really fast after that.  Turns out he kinda missed the toilet. and half of whatever was in his stomach was on the wall and shower curtain and floor.  I felt soooooo bad for him.  he just sat there apologizing to me and i said you're fine, its not your fault.  I helped him to bed then spent the next hour cleaning it up.  HAHAHAHA What an experience.  Then waking up at 6:30 i was dead.  And i didnt wake my companion and let him sleep.  We spent the whole day inside and him in bed.  We had some members bring me food cause they felt bad.  My companion (Elder Marler) got up and said he felt much better.  So we decided to take the food we had been given to Donna's house.  We are currently teaching her and i love her and her son.  They don't really have anybody so we had a thanksgiving dinner with them! It was different but I loved it!  Just to sit around and enjoy the people that surround you.  You could really tell they appreciated us coming over. 

Learn to love to serve!  When you serve people you can really feel how much Heavenly Father loves them! I love you guys! Thanks for all the Letters!
Elder Patch

pics
Rose and family
Thanksgiving with Donna and son Steve
And my companion and i being .... us.












No comments:

Post a Comment