Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Miracles

HOLA!
Dang Good Week Comin At Ya!!

Well to start out I just want to say thank you to all those that have sent me letters and packages! Its been such a blessing to have the support being of being on a mission!

   So last Saturday night we had a MIRACLE happen.  We were on our way home and were so dang tired so we stopped at a Wendy's by our apt. I should preface this.  I might a promise to myself that I would talk to at least one person every time we go out to eat.  So we walked in and I saw this one family sitting there with two boys.  I decided i would buy the two boys a Frosty.  I gave them the Frosty then sat down, and after about 5 minutes I went and talked to them.  I asked if they had ever heard of the Mormon church.  The dad (Jason) replied,"I am one."  you can imagine my reaction. I started freaking out and the wife started laughing!  I asked if we could come to their house and talk to them!  They agreed.  We went over Last Monday night and taught the mom (Randi) and their two boys Anthony and Andrew.  It was awesome. 

    Randi isn't a member nor her sons.  She said she would read.  Before we left we asked her to pray, but she graciously declined. But her husband spoke up and said he would!  It had been 18 years since he had prayed.  I was no nervous, but he did great.  Two days later we got a text from Randi asking us to please come back over and have dinner with them.  We came and it was so much fun.  You can really see the gospel taking affect in their home.  Turns out the whole family has been reading together!  And Jason who has already been baptized and has the Holy Ghost said after that night he prayed and felt that warm feeling again.  He said he missed that. 18 years!!!!! Can you believe that???  Their two sons have become my little brothers.  I love those two kids like they are my blood!! The do karate, and so i told them they both could TRY and take me down.  I won ahahha.  It was so fun.  Anthony the youngest who is 10 told me,"I wish you were my real brother."  Man that hit home.  I love that kid.  If i ever leave Marion that will kill me to say bye to them.  They are all coming to church and working towards baptism. MIRACLES.  "It all starts with a Frosty." 

   As missionaries we have the opportunity to do LOTS of service.  Service has really brought me a ton of happiness.  When I am serving I look at the people I serve and just think about how much the Savior loves them. If Christ was here he would be doing exactly what I am doing.  I love wearing His name on my chest with pride.  In Marion we have sister missionaries also!  The sister are amazing! We get along with them so well and love them!  We lucked out!  Our area is the doing the best in the whole mission of Columbus,Ohio!  It really shows that when you have faith and put in WORK Heavenly Father blesses you.  A lot of eyes are on us and the sister missionaries.  Everyone wants to know why we are doing so well!  Honestly I don't really know!  We just work hard!  

    There are countless stories I could tell, but I'll keep it short today.  I am so grateful for the chance I have had to serve thus far.  I especially love the people i have been fortunate enough to meet.  Just remember... when you don't believe in yourself, know that your Heavenly Father never EVER stops believing in you. The church is true, the book is blue. Work hard. Serve. "Remember Who You Are." -Billy Cowser 

Love you all!! 
Elder Patch

pics
1. The Marion Elder and Sisters. we rock
2.Elders and sisters.
3.Collier.  He is in our Branch. The coolest kid. Born Missionary!!!

4.Anthony and Andrew from Wendy's! My little bros! 






No comments:

Post a Comment