Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Little Things

Greetings!  This week has been amazing! Our mission is going really hard right now, because it is the end of the year.  As a mission we have the goal of 500+ baptisms.  We WERE 60 short.  We had a mission wide fast this past Sunday and now we are projected have have 521 baptisms.  Try and tell me the Church isn't true.  We have been working super hard in our area.  We have had some people back out who were committed.  Sometimes I forget that Satan doesn't stop working.  He is VERY proactive.  I just wish Satan would disappear.  Life would be so much easier. #secondcoming.

Okay so this week we have had the most amazing lessons!  Just full of the Spirit. We had 16 member present lessons and I seriously testify that having a member with you makes all the difference.  Their testimonies are a lot more powerful than mine.  I just love to watch the peoples we teach faces as they listen to these member testify and bear their testimonies from the heart.  Most of the members here are converts to the church.  

so one of our investigators (who will remain nameless) might be a little crazy.  He understands all we say and believes it.  But he can exactly grasp that he is supposed to live it.  So he was supposed to be baptized on the 21st and may still be, but he is struggling with a lot... A LOT of things.  We taught him the law of Chasity so he promised us no more prostitutes hahah.  We he broke that promise three days ago, but his words were, "But I Love Her!!" i couldn't help but laugh. Not to make fun but he said said it so innocently.  I asked well did you pay her?  And he responded "Yes".  Love shouldn't cost anything.  But we are still working with him!  He is awesome and so very charitable.  

Okay Rose. Wow.  She really is amazing.  She was taught the first lesson last week and was skeptical... which is normal.  She talked with her husband that night about it and he who knows much about the Mormon church said it wasn't for him.  He couldn't believe The Book of Mormon to be another word of God.  That The Bible was it.  Well she responded," You really think God only wanted to talk to some of His children and not all of them?"  WOW.  Profound i know.  She came to a baptism on Saturday and had the most amazing time.  I'm so excited for her.

Lastly we had our mission Christmas Party/Devotional.  It was amazing.  I started crying when we all (300+ missionaries) stood up and sang our mission song together.  It was amazing and powerful.  We were edified that whole meeting.  At the end we had a testimony meeting.  I thought about going up, then was reluctant because I feel like I am always the center of attention, so i wanted to lay low.  Well that didn't last long.  I went up there and cried my eyes out.  I don't know a mission really messes up your hormones.  But whenever I bear my testimony of my brother and savior Jesus Christ I just can't hold back.  Christmas is coming up and I am so excited to share the true gospel during this season.  People are just happier!  I love you all! And am so grateful for the love and support I receive every week!  

Till We Meet again!


Elder Patch





No comments:

Post a Comment