Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Fan the Flames of Faith

Hola!!

What an awesome week it has been!  We have had some tender and memorable experiences.  It is amazing to see the Lords hand in these peoples lives.  The gospel of Jesus Christ brings so much everlasting happiness.  When people start to taste it they cant stop drinking it in!  Its awesome!

Well this coming week being Christmas brings so much happiness to so many! Especially me!!! Our mission President decided to let us skype home!  What a dang good blessing! And with that MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope all of you have an AWESOME Christmas! 

  So this week had a really tender experience.  We are teaching Rose and her son Phillip.  We have gown really close to each other.  I love her personality and love for others.  She does so much good.  She really embraces the Christ-like attribute of Charity.  On Tuesday she called us and invited us to Phillips Christmas program.  Phillip attends a religious school, but is not a member of that church.  We went to this huge church building that was beautiful and ornate.  We walked in and stood at the back until Rose finally saw us.  She came and then we sat together.  It was beautiful program but something was missing inside that church (it will remain nameless).  We then left after hugs and good-byes.

    Two days later we had a lesson with her and Phillip.  She told us a really sweet experience.  She said,"I was sitting there listening to the music then all of the sudden I felt this warm feeling come over me and felt like I needed to look behind me.  So I did.  I looked and saw you two standing in the back and felt so much peace and love that I wasn't feeling before.  So I had to go get you both and just hug you!"  What a miracle!  She then told us that her husband just got promoted and a raise and weekends off!  They had been praying for this to happen before they met us.  Then she remembered the promise I made to her.  I told her that because this gospel is true and the Book Of Mormon is true then blessing will come from pursuing this course.  She said,"You said this would happen, and it did!" Another blessing from Heavenly Father.  We are going to give her a baptism date soon.  

   We have two baptisms this weekend!  One is Susie! She is a members sister.  She is awesome.  She left another church because she said it didn't feel right.  That same week we just happened to run into her at her work at WalGreens.  She was checking us out as the cashier.  She looked at our tags and saw we were Mormon missionaries.  She said her brother belonged to that church.  Weird thing is we were just with her brother 10 minutes prior to meeting her, but he didn't tell us she worked there.  We asked if we could meet with her sometime!  She agreed and the rest is HISTORY! She will be baptized this Saturday. I'm so excited.  She has turned into my mom out here.  She takes care of us and loves us!  She told us," If it had been any other missionaries I would not have listened."  Isn't that amazing.  It just makes me really know that I was called here for a purpose.  Her and her brother, Bro. Thacker are going to move to Utah when I get back.  They are very serious and sure about this.  I am so thankful for these people that are a part of my life!  A mission is DOPE!!!!!

I love you guys! Thank you for all the Christmas presents!!! It's so humbling to have so much support and love from so many people!!! Thank you!!!! Share the gospel! 

Love 

Elder Patch

Pics:
1. We went sledding (Anthony)
2. We made dinner! group pic. 
3. The McMahans.








No comments:

Post a Comment