Monday, January 6, 2014

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas!! I know I did!! 
What I loved most was the Christmas spirit all around.  People were just 
generally happier, and more willing to listen.  What a blessing. We have had
so much success these past weeks and I hope it never ends.  I get to see time and time again the result of the restored gospel in peoples lives. Its not that people are changing themselves its that people are enhancing who they are.With every increase of knowledge people become more and more aware of the joy that will coming from RECEIVING the gospel.  I never thought of this but with most ordinances in the gospel we RECEIVE or accept something.  We have to act and not be
acted upon.  With all these people we have met each one is receiving then accepting 
the gospel.  

This week has been amazing. We had TWO baptisms.  First was Ruth and the second was Rex.  They both went so well and a ton of members showed up to show their support.  That is so key in convert baptisms.  Getting members to welcome people into the Church.  The spirit was so strong.  At Ruth's baptism her brother spoke and wrote a letter to her.  It was so sweet.  He talked about how he knew she has been through so much grief and pain and now that she is accepting the truth she has found relief.  Yesterday at church she came up to me and said to me crying,"Thank you Ben, I am finally HOME." I gave her the biggest hug till her eyes almost popped out.  I have really grown to love so many people and just felt the love Heavenly Father has for them #missionprobs.  

Christmas was SICK!!! ALL OF YOU ARE SO STINKING AWESOME!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY! THANK YOU!!!! I had the best Christmas i think I have ever had.  Just so calm and spiritual.  Really gave me the chance to focus on the important things. We had an awesome Christmas Eve.  We had a little Marion Missionary Christmas party.  We had dinner and talked.  Just nice to get to know each other more!  I'll send pics of it.  Then on Christmas day we got to SKYPE home.  OHHHH BOY.  I swear a mission makes your hormones go nuts.  I was cryin all over the place! Sorry Parents.  But it was awesome to share my experiences with them.  I know for certain that I am supposed to be here.  I have felt so strongly that me personally had to meet certain people.  Its been crazy and its just the beginning!!!

Love you all!! Thank you for all the letters!!!!!!!!!!! 

Love 
Elder Spatch

p.s. BYU Volleyball season is coming up.  thatll be weeeiiirrrrddddd.. Go Cougs 













No comments:

Post a Comment