Monday, March 17, 2014

Men In Black

Happy St. Patrick's day!!

Another Week Gone BY! I Can't believe how fast a mission goes.I honestly feel like a just got here! This week was great!  We got to go to the temple, which was needed!  I love going to the temple cause you just get to forget all the stress of a mission!!! 

Also this week cause chuck was baptized!  We have been teaching 
Chuck for a little while!  His wife was baptized 2 weeks ago and so we started teaching him shortly after!  He is really amazing. He wrote a poem call, "The RESTORATION of my soul". which pretty much talks about his experience with us missionaries and learning about the restoration of Christ's Church!  He just brought me to tears hearing him read it to us!I could just feel so much love that he had for us as he read it!Being a missionary rocks!  But I hope no one thinks a mission is easy!Each week holds a new challenge for me! But I find that I overcome it by the end of the week!  Our mission President's wife said, "the hard times on your mission right now are wayyyyyyy more important than the good."  I thought about that a couple days.I could not agree more! I feel like I have learned more about myself when I overcome something hard, rather than something easy.I love our mission President's wife(Sister Nilsen)because she just tells you how it is!  She doesn't sugar coat!  I love that cause I feel like I am the same way!  Rather than just saying you'll do something...go and do it! 

Also this weeks we had a St. Patrick's day party! It was so fun!  But we had a little surprise for all in attendance!  So we were asked by some members to participate in some way of the talent show.  Well we all know how great my voice is...... NOT. So Elder Afalava and myself came up with an idea! heheheheheh. so while Sister Titensor was doing her HULA we would come out and pretend like we knew what we were doing and dance. It was HILARIOUS!! People were laughing so hard! This one woman was crying cause she couldn't stop laughing!It was so great! I love being a part of this Church, because everyone is real! Just a bunch of kooks having a fun time together! We had some non-members there who left saying they haven't had that good a time in a LONG time!They said there was a different spirit in the room.  The next day the showed up at church. MIRACLE.

Well this week was just a lot of fun!  I hope everyone had a awesome week!


Love

Elder Patch

pics
-Me and Cindy who was shot!
-Our get-up for the dance

-Chuck who was baptized!!!! WOOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment