Friday, June 6, 2014

Servant Leadership

Wow!! This week was amazing!

Emil Brolick the Wendy's CEO came and spoke to us about Servant Leadership! Emil is a Catholic, so it was really cool to have him there and to here him talk about his faith in Christ!  He is best friends with our Mission President who is the CEO of Cafe Rio!  

Emil talked about how a successful leader can influence more than just ones he or she might be stewards over!  This was one of my favorite quotes from him,"If you place others priorities first, then their priorities will become yours."  I thought that was great!  We as leaders in some form like parents or friends have to put others priorities first then through that their priorities will shift to yours!  He is also said, "Helping to much deprives those from experience and growth."  I thought that was very insightful.  I think it is really amazing that a VERY successful business owner lets others kinda figure it out themselves!  He gives them the opportunity to grow for themselves. That to me shows a lot of trust!  So my rhetorical question for you is: Do we trust the ones we are stewards over?  
It was such an amazing experience to have Emil there!  We were really fortunate!

This week has been so great!  We started teaching the coolest family!! They are all Hippies! I love them!!!! I sent a picture of them.  The dad is super into God and wants to lead his family to God more! And the mom is Atheist, but said she is willing to learn!!!! The two boys are so cool!  They call us "the Mormons"  So every few minutes we hear, "HEY MORMONS! Watch me do this!" soo funny.  I love seeing a whole family progress toward accepting the Gospel! 

Sorry to be brief but there is no time for anything anymore ha!  I just want to share a quote from a missionary that bore her testimony yesterday, she said, "The most beautiful thing about the Atonement, is that you can wake up a totally different person."  I really identified with that comment.  I have been able to see from so many people I teach the amount of guilt that they hold onto!  The greatest thing is that they don't have to!! I love watching them realize that, and see them access the power of the Atonement.  So free yourself of guilt and add more faith and courage in your life! I know that the atonement is real and very personal to me!  I am so thankful that I don't have to hold onto things and can almost physically feel things lifted off my shoulders.  I am so thankful for Jesus Christ.

I hope everyone had a great week!!!!!! 
Love you all!!!

Elder Spatch






No comments:

Post a Comment