Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Authenticate Your Testimony

HOWDY!!!!!

Well i won't say I had the best week of my mission this week BUT it was still great! I got super sick ... SO MOM YES I REALLY MISSED YOU!  I got a fever then got Step throat... It was a rough couple of days in bed!  It was so weird I remember laying in bed sick, and I felt so lame being a vegetable and not out talking to people! Weird how things change!  I am realizing more and more everyday how short your 2 year mission experience is and how you have to take advantage of EVERY SINGE MOMENT! I don't want to loose any of this valuable time to give myself to others!  It is to short!!!! Speaking of short!! I turn 20 this week, and I am telling you 20 years takes forever!!!! I am ready to be 30! 

I had a lot of time to think (and sleep) this week while in bed.  I thought a lot about a certain investigator we are teaching.  this man is amazing.  He just glows when we talk to him, and the spirit is just like floating around him.  I don't know how to explain how badly I want him to know this is true.  He currently goes to a church that talks a lot about "authentication" of truth.  How can I prove the words I am saying to him are true? Does faith come before the witness of truth? No.  Although he is a avid believer in Jesus Christ he seems to believe that Christ authenticated himself through his works. and biblical prophecy.  I disagree.  I believe that we can authenticate our own testimony and Belief in Jesus just by having enough faith to follow his footsteps more closely.  The more we succumb to the will of the Father, the more "authentic" of a testimony we will have .  Faith has to proceed the work or miracle. Christ didn't say... I am going to do this work or miaracle so then you can believe in me. He would say, "let it be according to your faith"  He teaches us that to believe in him we must exercise of faith first. So to authenticate ones testimony, one must first exercise the faith then ask the question,'is this true?' and be willing to go on a journey to find out. 

This is the hardest area I think I will ever serve in. Not because the people are mean or harsh, but rather because they are so consumed by the world of proof and instant gratification.  I think it is brilliant how God works.  Why would He just give it to us? WHY?! I know that anything I have worked for in my life I cherish and appreciate WAYYYY more!  He lets us go through the fire a little bit, so that He can make us become something more!  If it is to easy then why do it at all?!! If gaining a testimony was easy then everyone would have one! IT IS NOT EASY!  I know that we have to be putting in constant effort for things that we believe to become authenticated knowledge!! If I ask someone for directions, and if that person seems trustworthy, I might choose to believe that those directions are correct.  If I actually follow those directions, I am exercising FAITH that the directions are correct! when I arrive at the destination, then I have the Knowledge that the directions are correct ,and the journey to prove it, and subsequently no longer need belief or faith at that point!

So go by faith! Put faith in areas that you are struggling! Go on a journey to find the knowledge! I know He won't let you down once you get to that destination. he has never EVER let me down.

I love you ALL!!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)


Elder Patch




1 comment:

  1. I loved this!! Thanks so much for sharing! What part of Ohio are you serving in?

    Christian | www.mysimplemodestchic.com

    ReplyDelete