Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Things Are Too Good

Well Things here really are too good!  Everything just seems to be happening right!  This past week we have found a lot of success! It really proves to me that hard work and optimism go a long way!  

This week the McMahan Family was baptized.  This was a bitter sweet moment for me.  They are my first whole family baptized.  The way we found them is just a miracle itself.  Just by walking up to a family and giving their kids 2 Wendy's Frostys started it all.  I have been able to teach this family from start to finish, but it really isn't the finish; its only the beginning. Watching them grow as a family in the gospel has been so amazing to me.  I really love and care about this family a ton.  Andrew, the oldest of the two boys, is getting the Priesthood this Sunday, and is has told almost everyone now that he is serving a mission.  And Randi, the mom,  Is doing so amazing.  She has worked really hard to be able to be baptized, and cut so much bad out of her life. At their baptism I had the hardest time.  I just looked at them and thought about how this all began and I just got hit with all of the emotion behind it.  I sat there after the closing prayer just really sobbing until someone came and just wrapped their arm around me.  Then Andrew came up to me and said," Elder Patch... are you ALWAYS crying??"  I just laughed.  I do feel like i cry a ton out here and I never really cried before my mission!  WHAT IS HAPPENING!! SHEESH. I am just so happy and feel humbled by this whole experience.  

We also this week got to go down to OSU and do some training for the new missionaries!  We got to go on campus!  It was awesome cause I got to see the OSU Volleyball team!  I got to see and hug some friends on the team.  And I got to see one of the coaches there who was one of my coaches this past Summer in Turkey.  It was so cool to see kids I know.  MAN I MISS VOLLEYBALLLLLLLL...... BUT ITS WORTH IT.

The last thing I want to talk about is defining your own reality.  Many times in life we are subject to circumstances that we would conform to others ideas and perceptions.  BUT, I know that we can decide for ourselves what outcome or experience we want to have.  We can choose to be happy or we can not.  We can choose to be GREAT, or we can choose to be just good.  I have really learned that I can make my mission what I want it to be.  It all starts with me defining my own reality.

I love you guys.  Thanks for all the emails, letters, packages, and LOVE!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!

Elder Patch

pics 
-McMahan Family
-THE BOYZZZZ

-Some Missionaries




No comments:

Post a Comment