Monday, February 10, 2014

Through They Eyes of the Children

Bonjor! Hola! Hello!

I hope everyone had a great week this past week!  

Not a whole lot happened this week, just lots of teaching and meeting wonderful people!
We have met some of the most genuine families these past few weeks.  I feel so fortunate to be a part of their lives.

This Friday all the people that have been baptized in my area are going to the temple with us for their first time!  I am so excited!  Two of the boys that I baptized now have the Priesthood and will be coming as well!  This is so cool for me to see.  Also we have been bringing many members to lessons with us this week.  Elder Afalava and I decided we wanted to bring mostly new converts to our lessons!  Best thing we could ever do!  Their testimonies of the true church and the gospel of Jesus Christ are amazing.  I would love to watch the look on some of these peoples faces when they found out that these people were baptized like a week or two ago!  It was so cool!  

At church yesterday we had the Coleman family there.  They are the African Family we are teaching!  I can't explain it, but it felt so right having them there.  Everyone just smothered them!  They fit in so perfectly, and their kids just had an amazing time being there and meeting EVERYONE!  So much growth is happening here in Marion, and it's so obvious Heavenly Father is behind the work and the effort.

Towards the end of this week I got in a little bit of a funk.  This is bound to happen while on a mission!  It wasn't till we went over to a members home and Jerica Land a three yr old girl talked to me.  She is so sweet and so fun!  She always puts a smile on everyone's face!  She came up to me and said out of the blue,"You're supposed to smile." and I was caught of guard.  How did she know I was unhappy!?  So I did just what she told me ( which I have learned you always do what she says) I smiled!  It almost instantly made everything better again!  So when ever you are down or upset just remember what Jerica said... SMILE!  

I love you all!! Thanks for the support!! 

Love

Elder Spatch

Pics
-Elder Afalava and myself
-Kohlier Land and myself in their field 

-Jerica. The cutest 3 yr old you'll ever meet.




No comments:

Post a Comment