Monday, April 21, 2014

All Good In The Hood

Life is so good!

This week has been HARD!  So many challenges, but so much more opportunity for growth!  I have learned to love hard times!  Which I hope will last hahaha.  

This week Rubie got baptized in Marion, so I got to go back to Marion to baptize her! That was awesome! She is 14 and there is not a better time to be baptized I think when you are really starting to explore who you are!  I am really excited for her! I also got to see Rose and Phillip (who were baptized in January) which made my whole week. I really missed them.  

This weekend Angela is getting baptized!  I sent some pictures of her and my area cause I want all of you to see how awesome it is over here!  It is the most TRENDY spot on the planet!  I might possibly just move back here.  I came from Marion, which was a far from this as you can be to now being here in trendy heaven! Everyone dresses well! LIFE IS SOOOO GOOD. hahah

Anyway more important things... THERE IS A URBAN OUTFITTERS IN MY AREA!  haha Just kidding even more important things than that.  for the past two weeks here I have really been pushed!  The people here are super Liberal and are all about personal identity and self exploration, but more on a scientific aspect.  That has been a HUGE culture change.  People here want evidence!  Which I can totally relate to, but then where does faith fit in?  Well It actually makes everyone's starting point here the same!  We start by increasing everyone's faith in things they can't see, which are true!  Easier said than done, but it is possible.   I think in a world moving so far away from the idea of God it has become more of a absolute that i must work harder and faster to help others gain that personal intimate relationship with their creator.  I can't imagine a life not knowing I am a son of King?  My potential in endless?!  Who wouldn't want that knowledge?  Well everyone here wants it... they just don't know it yet! haha


I don't ever want to take my mission for granted.  I am so thankful for the really really hard lessons I learn.  I never could have imagined the amount of emotional, mental and spiritual uncertainty that one would go through!  But to come out on top and to look back at how much you have learned and grown is LIBERATING! Knowledge is freedom!  I love being here!  I love you all!!!!!!

Lets all strive to be better!

Love 

Elder Patch

Pics







No comments:

Post a Comment