Monday, April 28, 2014

Limits

AWESOME WEEK HERE IN RIVERSIDE!

Hey everyone! 

I hope all of you had a good week of FINALS!!! MWAHAHAH. 
Also shout out to BYU VBALL FOR MAKING IT TO THE FINAL FOUR!!! That's rad.  I might try and get permission to watch the final when BYU is playing in it! So pumped for them!

Anyway this week has been exhausting! We have done a ton of work! I think being here has taught me more and more that it is so important to be yourself on a mission.  People don't relate to a self righteous guru.  they want a really imperfect human!  Well they found one thats for sure!  I love being able to relate to a lot of people here.  We all have similar beliefs and enjoy knowledge which has been huge for the progression of this area.

I have been thinking a lot about limits. Specifically my own. One of the Apostles of the church was talking about how he believes that the children of Egypt being led to freedom by Moses demonstrated their faith by pushing their LIMITS.  He suggests that they were not just standing at the shore line of the Red Sea while Moses was standing in the water talking with God (although the Disney movie illiterates that).  Rather he suggests that the whole people were to their necks in the water! Pleading and praying for a miracle.  They had come so far and were ready to swim across the Red Sea.  They didn't just stand their and wait for something to happen.  They wanted to find freedom and refuge so bad that they would  drown for it.  I think that is really profound.  It made me think or rather rethink my own limits.  Will I wait at the shore line, or will I go neck deep in the water or even fully immerse myself with trail and hardship. How bad do I want it?  This week I have worked at pushing myself even more.  I want to be neck deep in trial. I would thus have a new shore line that I could cross over and over again.  

On a positive note the people in the church here are really cool. Everyone is a vegetarian which is also really cool.  We are in like a young family ward, so it feel likes Provo, UT here. eeek.  I am super close with a couple families here.  They are younger with like newborns so we are kinda close in age.  We have found some way awesome families to teach!  We found them like one right after another!  They are super pumped about the church and have been looking for truth for a while now!  Seriously I don't know if it's Spring, but the days are just a little brighter!  I love all of you!  Hope you have a great week this week!

Love,

Elder Patch

pics

-Me and Barb.  She is my favorite human, there
isn't a lesson that we teach that she doesn't drop
some profane word 
-Me and Brother Carruth.  We matched one day.

-My new Home!




No comments:

Post a Comment