Monday, July 7, 2014

-HOLD ON-


HELLO GREAT PEOPLE OF MY LIFE!!!!!!


Thank you EVERYONE for all the letters and cards and everything!  I can't believe how kind all of you are!  It seriously makes a missionary feel so great!  I am so SO thankful for so many amazing people in my life.  I hope each of you know how much I love you!  I would have never gone on this mission if it wasn't for so many of you!! SO THANK YOU!

This week has just been awesome!  It also weirds me out that a year from now I will be home!  I talked with my mission Pres. and we decided that I would go home the July 10th transfer oh 2015... I am so excited for this next year!  I have been think a lot about what I have learned and the many people that have changed my life while I have been here! I hope this year I will get to bring even more people to the gospel!  I have never had so much joy in my life, than seeing sons and daughters of God that embrace and hold on to this truth!  ONE YEAR TO GO AND A MILLION LIVES TO CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard about some issues that have happened in Utah with certain disagreements with church doctrine.  I think having questions about certain things is very healthy!  I love that in this church I feel free to ask and  question things to get a better understanding!  But I also realize that God IS STILL YET REVEALING THINGS.  I Know for myself that I need to trust in the Lord and His Prophet and wait for further revelation to come in its time.  It is sad for me to hear that people leave this truth.  But I am reminded of the vision Lehi had in the Book of Mormon of the Tree of Life.  Lehi sees people that are holding STEADFAST to the Iron rod.  These people are consistent and are partaking of the fruit regularly.  There are others that are involved as well!  People who are CLINGING to the rod, and once they partake of the fruit, they fall away because they are ashamed.  I realized from this vision how important it is to provide myself with daily spiritual sustenance.  If we only cling on to grand spiritual experiences and then don't supplement afterwords then chances are we will fall away.  We must constantly STEADFASTLY be nourishing our testimony of the truthfulness of this Gospel. Like I said last week... GOD IS SIFTING!  He is looking for his daughters and sons that will put all their trust and will towards him!  Through this process that we don't fully understand; we can become refined and changed!!  We should not let ourselves let go of the truth or faith we have or had just because we don't understand!  We have to have faith when we lack comprehension!  'Doubt your doubts before you doubt you faith!  I always say that FAITH will lead to action!  But in reality DOUBT WILL ALSO LEAD TO ACTION!  Defend yourself against doubt by holding on to that rod steadfastly!  

I just have to bear my testimony of this truth!
I KNOW THIS IS REALLY TRUE!  I have learned so much EVERYDAY from what I am teaching!  THIS IS NOT ABOUT RELIGION!! This is all about the TRUTH!  I know Satan is working so hard!  But We are working hard too! And I PROMISE I WILL NEVER GIVE UP! I know what this gospel can do!  It is doing it for me right now!  I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I know that we have a Living, breathing, smiling Prophet on the earth again!  I know Christ Lives!  This gospel that I am teaching is living and breathing and growing, because it is the gospel of Christ who lives!!! I love you all, and am so thankful that God let me know and love each of you, even if we don't share the same beliefs! In the name of JESUS CHRIST. AMEN.

Elder Patch

pics.
1. my new companion! ELDER CAMPBELL!! THE MAN!!
2. hey.
3.Fourth of July Breakfast! wayyyy good
4.We Built a Deck! Yes i even helped.... :)
5. Missionary lunch! #Bibibop
6. Carey. my favorite Italian.  she is getting baptized!









No comments:

Post a Comment