Monday, July 14, 2014

The Great OCM

This week has just been great!  

We got meet up with the leadership of this mission and have a council with our new mission president!  President Daines is the cooooolest!  He has just a greatpersonality and is so real and relatable with us! it has been so great getting to know him better and gain trust with him so quickly! He is so down to earth and is leading this mission with LOVE!  It feels way good.  I am so excited to see what comes of it!  His wife, sister Daines is amazing!  She just reminds me of you mom!  Like the most loving woman!  

We have taught a ton of lessons this week!  We are teaching just some really fantastic people who are so humble and willing to learn!  It has been so hard to find these people but I am so grateful that we have!  We are teaching a woman named Renee.  She is so fun and loving!  She has had quite the past and is always open with us!  I just have to say how grateful I am for the life I have. I love hearing peoples life stories but I can't believe how blessed I really am to have my life!  Some things that people go through is amazing!  I think if i had to go through any bit of what they have to I would just crumble.  But what is so great is that once these people catch on to what we are really teaching they start to see relief!  I love preaching HOPE! I realize more and more how proactive Satan really is.  This guy is not lazy!  Seriously!  Whenever something good happens it seems like he tries to foil it in some way! soooo annoying. like C'mon! give us a break! shhesssh!!! Renee is getting baptized at the end of the month! We are so excited and proud of her!!

Last night we had an awesome lesson with this mom.  She was so sweet and had so many questions about this gospel!  The whole time I just felt like I was teaching my mom!  We meet with a ton of people, but I love teaching mothers the most, cause I just know how important Mothers are, and I know what a difference this can make in their lives as well as their children!  So mom thank you for everything, especially showing your love for this gospel my whole life!  I love being able to really testify to these woman that I know personally what this gospel will do for them! I see it everyday when I am with my MOMMA!  SHOUT OUT TO MOMMA PATCH! 

I am just really grateful to be here!  to be learning so much so quickly!  I love the people we get to meet!  everyone here just feels like people I would hang out with back home , so it is like I am sharing my testimony with all my friends!  This area I am in has pushed me and challenged me in soooo many ways.  It is so much like home and the people are so similar to people I know, so it can be hard to stay focused! But a ton of prayer and faith has helped a ton!  I love you all!  keep being missionaries where you live!

LOVE

Elder Patch





No comments:

Post a Comment