Monday, November 10, 2014

HOW DO YOU FACE?

"pure christ-like love
flowing from righteousness 
can change the world."

-Jeffery R. Holland
In a recent talk in General Conference Elder Robbins asked this rhetorical question "Which way do you face?" This talk really was enlightening and humbling for me.  I suggest you read it.  There are some key points I want to take from it before I share my thoughts about another perspective. . I quote, "We seek respectful coexistence with those who point fingers, but when this fear of men tempts us to condone sin, it becomes a “snare” according to the book of Proverbs (see Proverbs 29:25  ). The snare may be cleverly baited to appeal to our compassionate side to tolerate or even approve of something that has been condemned by God."  How true this is, especially in our society today!  Society would have our sympathy go beyond the very divine of God.  Indeed Satan does have power- the power to bruise our morals and blind our divine heavenly vision, but we also have the power to crush Satan's head.
He continues , "When people try to save face with men, they can unwittingly lose face with God. Thinking one can please God and at the same time condone the disobedience of men isn’t neutrality but duplicity." This brings me to my topic.  Although we have the direction we face, I ask, where are our feet?  Are they square to that same direction?  Or are we  merely turning our heads toward God but leaving our feet planted in comfortable soil called neutrality.
I invite you to ask yourself where you stand and if you are looking in that same direction. And once you figure out if your body and head are facing toward God THEN MOVE! Pick up your roots and move to higher fertile ground filled with nutrients deriving from heavenly streams and glorified light. IT IS TIME TO MOVE.  Christ Often said "To know me, is to know my Father."  I hope it can be said of us that to know us, is to know the Savior.  Lets lift each other to get there.
This past week has been so sweet.  I am loving this country town of Xenia!  The people here are so nice and open!  We are teaching a guy named Luke (I sent a picture) and he is a alumni football player from Purdue!  He is so awesome! He and I have developed a brotherly bond.  I talk to him about how I am doing and he mentors me.  He loves Christ.  Although he struggles with some of our doctrine he continues to pray to find answers.  Luke also has taken upon himself now to be my personal trainer! hahah He said he wants to get me back into shape! Sooooo... let me tell you how this looks!  I wake up at 6 every morning and then he PRETTY MUCH KILLS ME FOR AN HOUR!!!! I DO NOT MISS WORKING OUT!!!! But I feel a ton better!  I love Luke!  Such a solid guy!

So many miracles this week with people we meet!  God is mindful of his Children.  Don't ever think he doesn't care about what you are doing, thinking, or feeling.  HE does.

I love all of you!!! Thank you for the letters!!!!!!!

xoxoxo
 Elder Patch




 

No comments:

Post a Comment