Monday, November 24, 2014

G e t T o T h e F r o n t

"Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side."
-Hymn


Well this week has been great!  Not super eventful but just good!  We have had some miracles in meeting totally prepared people!

We were knocking on these apartment doors in a really sketchy area.  We prayed and prayed about where to go.  This is what we felt.  So after getting doors shut in our face about 5 times we decided to leave.  As we were coming down the stairs we both said almost in unison "we forgot that door".  We knocked on every door except the one right in front of us.  We knocked and this 22 yrd old young mom answered.  She just smiled.  She said you guys are Jesus people huh? and we just laughed and Said "YOU KNOW IT!"  she laughed and asked if wanted to come in...

Well We sat down and had no idea what to say.  I just looked at her and wanted to cry, because for the first time in a long time I saw someone in white.  Later after the lesson my companion said he felt the same thing.  We started asking her about her faith.  She said she has always wanted to know if there was a God.  I felt so good telling her honestly that she has a Father in heaven who loves her so much. I wish I could have taken a picture of the smile on her face.  We just told her all that Heavenly Father wants for her and her son and Fiance.  It was amazing to hear her answers to our questions.  It seemed almost relieving for her to find reassurance in our words. I don't know if I have ever said this but... I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!  She prayed for the first time with us out loud.  Man I wanted to hug her so bad!!!!!! She is just a normal girl trying to find her purpose.  I can't wait to see who she becomes.

We had awesome church meetings this week!  Elder Seldon of the Seventy said, "The soldiers on the front lines always get the best equipment."  That really made me think! So my thought is that if we are Gods Soliders where are we in his ranks?  Are you in the front lines ready to fight?  Or are we somewhere in the middle, maybe a little hesitant?  Or are we in the back watching our Brothers and Sisters in front of us defending what we too believe is true.  I hope that we can all say we are on the front lines.  And if youre not.. thats okay too.  You can get there! 

We have nothing to be afraid of, THE LORD IS ON OUR SIDE! I can think of no one else that I would rather have leading me in battle than Jesus Christ.  So I invite all of you to get to the front of the Ranks and start fighting for what you believe.  Get involved in making this world a better place!  

I know God lives.  I know Jesus lives.  I know they love us.  I know they love you.  


Love

Elder Patch 

No comments:

Post a Comment