Monday, December 29, 2014

M E R R Y & B R I G H T

“Of one thing you can be certain: 
every person you see—no matter the race, 
religion, political beliefs, 
body type,
 or appearance—is family.” 

-Uchtdorf


Family!  Christmas was so awesome!  Thank you all for making it special for me-- with your card, letters and amazing gifts! I hope all of you know how much I love you! Spending Christmas on a mission is really a cool experience.  With the world taking such a secular approach to Christmas I tend to get caught up in all of that... but being on a mission focuses your vision on the true purpose: Christ.
I have felt so much love during this season, as I testify of the birth of the only begotten son.
I am so thankful for Him and his love.

This week has been full of so many miracles.  We met a woman that grew up a member of the church and fell away.  We knocked at her door and she let us in and we had no record of her membership in our ward here.  She told us that she has been praying for a way to turn around her life.  She has three amazing kids and two want to be baptized.  What a miracle it has been to watch as Heavenly Father opens her heart and corrects her path.  Her new born baby is being blessed next week in church.  

I like to think I am making a difference, but I am aware that it is Christ that makes all the difference.  Being a missionary has taught me so much about who I want to be.  I studied the life of Mary and Joseph and I bet they were so proud to be Christ's parents.  I can't wait to be a father!  I know that is forever away, but I want to help my child grow up to be someone who can affect the world in a positive way.  I am so thankful for my parents that raised me!  mom and dad ... you guys are pretty cool ... I guess :)

With a new year around the corner I hope that all of us will have integrity to who we REALLY are and stand for that.  Take some time to write down WHO you are (not what you are) and dedicate a year to being loyal to that.  "let your light so shine before men". All of you have light to share!

Love.

Elder Patch
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment