Monday, August 4, 2014

The Value of Faith

FAM!!

Things are so great!!! This week was just FULL of Faith filled MIRACLES!! 
We were seriously so blessed.  My faith has been tried so many times thus far on my mission, but it amazes me that if we hold on to what ever faith we do have our reward is sooo worth it!!!!!!!!

We have been teaching this woman named Carey!  She is a Roman Catholic and she is so very sweet.  The story of how we met her is amazing.  We were driving to another appointment and I had thiss weird thought to ask my companion if we should not go and stop somewhere else? He said okay, and so I turned onto this street and just went to a house that we had previously knocked at.  The woman was very nice and said she would like to hear more some other time!  I felt so good.  So we were walking back to our car and i thought that was the reason that the spirit told me to go there... but I was wrong.  As I was getting into our car I heard the words, "turn around".  so I did.  I see this woman across the street coming out of her house and sit on her front porch to smoke.  I kid you not there was like light around her.  I pretty much ran up to her!  Turns out she is the most fun SASSYIST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET!! We just hit it off so well!  She is my favorite! 

So this was about two months ago!  she since then has read the Book of Mormon... wait for it.... TWICE!!!!! She is on fire!  but this is the real miracle... So through this whole time and lots of tears we have been extending baptism, and told her upon knowing this is the truth that baptism is the next step!  She said" I know but I can't do that! I am catholic!"  the best way I could explain it to her was that we didn't want to take away from the faith she already has but add to it to strengthen her already present faith!  After so much prayer and testimony, she calls us last Tuesday and says GUYS!  I have decided I am going to be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I wish someone could have recorded Elder Campbell and myself, because we were jumping and hugging and chest bumping all over our house!!! We are so happy for her!!!!!!  she has made so many huge strides, no leaps at a new and enhanced life!  She has found the value of faith!  She is such a great missionary now!  To her neighbors that we are also teaching she comes and tells them how the Book of Mormon specifically has put so much faith back into her life!  I love it!  Is this not what the gospel is about?? It is!!! FAITH IS EVERYTHING!  I am really understanding WHY "faith" is literally on every page in all scripture.  Faith is power, powerful, and necessary for our progression!

Sorry to be so brief but we have like no time!  But shout out to the SandMan on killing it for USA VB!  So sick!!!! Well I love you all!  If all else fails just decide to keep your faith in God! Love you!!!



Elder Patch aka Spatch



No comments:

Post a Comment