Monday, August 25, 2014

Moments That Matter

Howdy Everyone!

It still blows my mind that I am on a mission and writing a letter to you all, while you live your lives back home! Ha I feel like I am on another planet!... oh well!

Well this week has just been so sweet.  Literally!  I just am so grateful for all that I have been given as a missionary!  But as the song goes... "because I have been given much I too must give."  We meet the coolest people and genuine. 

I want to tell you about Cam. Cam shay.  
He is this young sweet 14 yr old boy.
Cam found us through members(less active) of our church here.  He ran over to their house and just fell into the mom of this member arms.  He was just balling.  She called us at this point and asked us to come over right away.  So we came over and we met Cam.  Cam told us his story...  3 years ago on vacation cam watched his Mom drown to death.  He couldn't do anything to save her.  Ever since then he has struggled with her death and often contemplated ending his own life.  He often hurt himself to cope with what was happening inside.  I couldn't help but cry with this kid. 

 I felt like I was looking at my younger brother.  He just sat there crying while this mom held him.  He really misses his mom.  We had such an amazing time sharing with him our testimonies of the Plan of Happiness. How this plan is infinite and eternal if you will allow it to be. He told how he wanted to believe in Christ and come to church.  His dad doesn't believe in Christ so he said it has always been empty in his home.   I just am so THANKFUL for the faith and truth that I now know.  I really can imagine going through something like that without the knowledge I have now.  I can't wait to help cam to find peace.  I AM SO GRATEFUL TO BE A MISSIONARY!!!! How often in life do we get experiences like this?!! rarely.  2 years of helping people in any way God sees fit is amazing.  I love the way I feel after I share the beliefs I have and seeing people I truly love find what they are looking for.  

What is the point of this gospel in our lives if we wont share it?  there isn't.
I love sharing it!  I hope each of you are sharing!  Don't take it for granted. 

Thank you for all your prayers and love and letters and EVERYTHING! just thank you for being YOU!

I love each of you!!! REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE! 

Love Elder Patch

Ill send pictures of cam next week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment