Friday, September 5, 2014

PERFORMANCE

Howdy!

Well sorry it has taken me so long to write!  This week has been crazy busy!  We had lots of meetings and training's!  It has been such an interesting week!  I don't know why but the people I attract to teach are the hardest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone we find is like super educated.  What has been hard is the amount of anti-mormon information I received this week!  People would spend literally hours researching ways to try to prove my faith wrong.  It was so hard.  We sat in a lesson yesterday and just got torn apart and were presented with so much negative information.  I felt like really sick throughout the whole thing.  My companion new something was wrong with me cause I wasn't saying anything in our lesson! Ha Usually he is trying to get my big mouth to shut up!:)  

I wanted to tell this story because to me on their part it took a lot of preparation.  I all the time about how God has prepared me for a mission, or subsequently the very people I have met.  20 years of trials and hardship and joys and success.  All that under my belt has given preparation for these two years.  But God is not the only one who prepared.  Satan is very VERY real.  He too has been preparing for this day and age.  Has planned and planned and now he is executing.  So I am going to relate this all back to of course volleyball.  I would practice 20+ hours a week and then play for 2 hours on a weekend.  20 hours just for a 2 hour performance.  Why all that preparation?  Well performance is measured on how well we prepared.  If you think about any war in history the victor would almost always be the side that better prepared.  What is also interesting about practice is that you practice harder than you play.  For anyone that has ever competed in anything knows that practice is so much harder than the actual game or performance!  Why is that?  It is because practice or preparation is where the growing pains take place.  

I truly have noticed a big difference in missionary work and just in myself when I take the time to better prepare for the day.  I may be able to preform GOOD without sufficient practice but I will NOT preform at my best... So prepare yourself now for what is to come.  There will be a time when you will be called on to perform and depending on how well you prepared will determine you success.  Pray TODAY for what you can do to prepare for the trial TOMORROW.  Because I promise the trial will come.  This life is short.  We have "20 hours" of practice and only "2 hours" to perform.  Don't waste a second.

I love you all.
Thank you for your prayers.  I feel them.


Elder Patch

I moved!!!!

New address 

374 Arbors Cir
Gahanna, OH 43230







No comments:

Post a Comment