Monday, September 29, 2014

The Truth

"There is joy guaranteed for the faithful, and obedient." - Pres. Eyring



Family I am so HAPPY!!! I cannot remember a time on a mission that I have been this happy!!!!!!!!!!! I found more joy in forgetting myself and only caring for others than any other thing!! I love being a missionary. Totally worth it!  This week is my official Year marker!  I can't really believe it... But it is true!  I am so thankful that I get to start my last year hear with such optimism and FAITH!

I wish i could properly address all the miracle that are taking place here. 9 brothers and sisters we are teaching came to church yesterday!!  I know God blesses His children as they are obedient to His commandments.  Also His Prophets.  I cannot wait for General conference this weekend! I Love being just saturated with the spirit! What a true blessing it is to have Authority and the Prophetic Priesthood power back on the Earth. #soblessed

We were able to teach THE most powerful lessons this week. I have found so much power in teaching simple truths.  It is so very VERY easy for me ha to get defensive and logical with learned people!  But the simple truth of the Restoration of Jesus Christ's Gospel confounds the wise. As we teach and talk about the Restoration of Authority I find a consistent witness confirming the truth of the Gospel.  Modern day social norms find solace in self examination and promotion.  Authority is not a flattering word these days.  But who cares. Authority from God is real.  And we need it to not be in total and complete chaos!  

Cam is our little 14 yr old boy who watched his mother die a few years ago.  It kills me sometimes to see him hurt so bad. He reacts so sharply is something he doesn't like is said to him.  He is so sensitive! I can't imagine that pain he is feeling inside.  He is such a good kid and just wants to be loved.  He is missing a huge aspect of love in his home and I am so happy and feel privileged to bring him the hope of Gods love.  He left church yesterday smiling and glowing.  I love this gospel.  What it can do is limitless.  It is infinite.  Cam wants to be baptized, and I know he will be.  

We are teaching so many young people!  I feel like God is building His army younger and younger.  Talk about the stripling warriors. It is amazing to see how God is working in their lives and they acknowledge and recognize it when it happens!  I can honestly see that as the recognize it more and more God gives them more.  Acknowledging His hand I believe that qualifies us for more Divine assistance. 

I hope each of you know that God loves you, and has something for YOU to do.  We are Children on this earth and He needs our help.  He depends on our willing hearts to serve Him faithfully.  If you don't know your purpose or need to find one ask specifically, and honestly!  What matters is not that you ask rather HOW YOU ASK! Don't say "God please lead me.".. say "GOD DO I GO THIS WAY OR THAT WAY!" Be SPECIFIC! :)

Thank you for all each of you do everyday! BE GOOD, DO GOOD!

Love 

Elder Patch

Pictures
1. My boys! (in our zone)
2. Cam! such a sweet kid.
3. Ellen!  



No comments:

Post a Comment