Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mothers... My Heroes

Well Howdy Everyone!

I just gotta say how much I LOVE you guys!!! Thank you for making my mission so fun and supporting me!  I KNOW I couldn't have done this without the love and support I have felt!  Especially the prayers.  As I go forward with my mission I am constantly reminded that this (Missionary work) is all about LOVE.  Love is the driving force for the universe.  Everything I say and do I want to convey a message of love.  Love is power.  And this power was used on me all the time in my home.  MOM thank you for all the love you have shown me.  YOU ARE MY HERO!

We have met another hero here in Gahanna.  SISTER MAMMA NADER.  She is a member in our ward and she is a hero.  She was diagnosed with the same Cancer Steve Jobs had about 8 years ago.  He doctor told her she was going to die in less than 4 years.  She is a single mom with an amazing son Nick.  She is my hero.  She has taken us into her home and her heart, and given everything to us.  Her capacity to love is amazing.  Throughout all of her trails of radiation therapy and medicine and financial troubles she has kept her faith.  Well not only that but she has challenged others to find theirs.  She has kept her son strong with the promises of an Eternal Family.  Everyday she gives her son a quote that inspires him to be better!  And she has added to my faith, that we really can endure anything if we choose to endure it well.  She is Argentinian so every time we go over she makes of MOUNDS OF FOOD!!! HA! Last week we ate with her and I had 3 servings of pasta and 2 huge pieces of brushetta!  And she was like speaking to me in Spanish and calling me skinny and said I couldn't leave the table until I felt sick! HA! I tried whimpering and even gave the BIG OL PUPPY DOG EYES! nothing worked... so I ate i swear like 20 pounds of food! Im fat!!! I love her!!!!!!!!!!! SEE you in 10 months BYU ahahha!

OH! So I am not getting transferred!  I am staying here in Gahanna! 6 more weeks!  Here we go!  We had a great week of teaching!  Last Sunday 10 brothers and sisters that we are teaching came to church!!! It was so awesome to have so many people we love and teach there with us!!!!! I loved it!  President Daines Came out teaching with us!  Well he more like surprised us and was in our area and told us he was going to come out teaching with us! sneaky sneaky.  I hope he reads this! We had an amazing lesson with him and Jordan!  He is so personable and relatable!  I really love that man!  He isn't afraid to be himself!  I really know how much he actually cares about me and the people I teach.  I am so thankful to have him as our Mission President.  he is just what I needed and was praying for.  What I also Love about him is how he treats his wife, Sister Danies.  You can just tell that she is precious to him.  I just love them!

I am very blessed as a missionary!  I am so thankful for this given opportunity to serve as a representative of Jesus Christ.  I love preaching LOVE!  So  I will end by saying I know that each of YOU has a Heavenly Father that knows you by name, and actually cares what you do!  I know prayer is real.  God is probably very busy, but never to busy to answer His child's prayer.


Love each of you!

Elder Patch

Address

374 Arbors Cir

Gahanna, OH 43230

Pics!
1.Mamma Nader!!!
2. President Danies
3. Homies
4. what I look like in the Morning




No comments:

Post a Comment