Monday, September 22, 2014

Lay Down Your Weapons

"Everyone wants to be the sun to lighten everyone's life, but why not be the moon, to brighten in the darkest hour."  -Unknown





Well family I love you!  I have had such an amazing week!  Not because of the work rather the changes that I have made in my life... I love being a missionary.  It's no longer; I hope they call me on a mission, now I say I am so glad they did.


I have been so blessed to meet so many people that I love.  I have to tell the story of one of my best friends. Kai.


So back when I was serving in Riverside I was really struggling missing home and athletics!  But I really felt like I was there for a reason!  I was so close to many friends at OSU and I wanted to reach out to them!  It was such a golden opportunity and could make up for all the times I hadn't prior to my mission. I was praying on how best to approach some guys I knew.  Well the answer literally spiked me in the face!  I don't know why but I can look at a person and know if they play volleyball or not!  It is weird!  But like in that week I was praying I would see dudes walking down the street so frequently and know that they played! I would stop them and give them my number so we could play sometime!  Well non of them really responded.  I think they were scared cause they knew I would probably ask them to stop drinking haha. 
  One day after praying super hard to find someone I was suppoesed to find it happened.  We were driving down the street by OSU campus and I saw this kid while stopped a stop sign walking and I looked at Elder Campbell and told him he plays volleyball!  I drove over SOOO fast to him and almost hit him HA and pretty much told him that he played volleyball!  He smiled and responded "yes" . I asked if I could play with him sometime!  He got my number and texted me that night! What is crazy and a total answer to prayer is that as we were driving away from meeting him I looked at Elder Campbell and I kid you not we both said,"he is going to be baptized". We played the next day and Kai was just glowing.  We just knew.  There was something different about him! I prayed so hard to find the courage to ask if he wanted to talk more about the church and stuff cause it is one thing to ask total strangers to learn but your friends that you love and trust is so different (but is it?), but Kai beat me to it.  He said he wanted to talk! We had this night where we just sat together and talked about life and the church.  Long story short I got transferred the very next week from meeting him and I was crushed cause I knew I was sent to OH-IO to meet him.  But he stayed strong, and talked more with the missionaries, and HE HAS DECIDED TO BE BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But what I cry about every time is that he has asked me to baptize him.  I am so thankful for Kai.  He (and others) has made my mission and sacrifice so worth it.  I cannot wait till the day I get to walk into the baptismal font and baptize my best friend.  I know this is Christ's Church.  It has to be, because I have never felt so good!


I know miracles happen when we surrender our will or our WEAPONS to the Lord.  This last week I studied Alma 24 in the Book of Mormon.  I thought so much about what weapons I am using to fight off full consecration to the work.  I have started digging my hole and am putting my weapons in it.  I have less than a year left.  I want to give this thing all I can.  So my advice to you, and I really hope you take it, is to stop trying to fight God.  Put down your weapons and let him Lead you with love. I KNOW there is a God.  I know HE knows me by name, and you too.

I love you all! and pray for each of you by name! YES ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!


LOVE
XOXOXOXOXOOX
ELDER PATCH





No comments:

Post a Comment