Monday, September 8, 2014

ALONG FOR THE RIDE

Hey Family and friends (family)!

We had a really cool week!  We had the opportunity to teach so many people about Christ!  Last week was so hard and I really questioned my faith.  I had to think a lot about what I truly believe.  So I went back to the basics... what is my Purpose?  My purpose is to bring people closer to Jesus Christ.  As His representative for 2 years I really want to do what He would do and say what He would say.  I am really so blessed and fortunate to be a believer in Christ.  I see so many young adults my age that have brilliant minds and great ambition but are lacking in a very critical area.  I envision my life without the truth I now know.  I would have no depth, just material successes and wishes.  I know my purpose really makes a difference.  It is not me doing the work, but rather through me He accomplish HIS work. I am humbled everyday by how miraculously He accomplishes His work.

We have taught so many lessons this week!  Jordan our 15 yr old star is getting ready for baptism in a few weeks!  She is saturating herself with the gospel.  She reads prays and invites other to join.  This last week we taught more in depth about prophets and specifically the Word of Wisdom (absence of drugs, alcohol, and coffee). She really grasped on to most of these but struggled with coffee.  Man she loves her a good Caramel Frappuccino .  Can't blame her.  But as we discussed and the spirit took aver she understood way more and faster.  I love the spirit in these kinds of things.  It makes our task so much easier!  So she committed to live it this last week!  And so did her parents and whole family!!


One of my best friends shared this analogy with me:
K so if you were a car (the engine, the wheel, the tires, the seat, the ignition, the whole shebang), Christ would be kind of like the driver. If we remain in idle, the car would run out of gas or battery and would have traveled no where. Whereas if we begin to move forward, start the ignition and start moving forward, we begin to progress in life. Christ this whole time is the driver within us who knows what would be best for us. He knows when to hit the accelerator, when to tap the brake, when to hit the cruise control, when to steer you back on course, and most importantly when you begin to break down or even have some trouble, he knows when to help you or even care for you. Being just a car we have our multiple functions, have our issues and even come in a wide variety of makes, models, and colors. We are all different but Christ is the driver that is there to help steer us on the right course in the journey of our life here. Another cool analogy is that we have rear view mirrors, that way although we can look back on life, but what we need to know is that it's in the past and all we need to know is to grow from that experience and just keep on that accelerator and keep moving forward. Keep moving forward with faith and courage, and Christ will be there to help guide you, put you on cruise control, or provide the assistance he knows you need. 

I love the word courage.  I know it takes SO MUCH COURAGE to choose to do things that you do not understand but you hope are right and will bring good things!  I know so many people I have taught had faith and hope but did not have the courage to act.  Yes it's hard to change, sometimes seems impossible, but if we let Christ take the Wheel then our course will be more direct and detour free. 

I love you guys. 
keep praying.
have courage.
stay classy.

Elder Patch





No comments:

Post a Comment