Monday, August 18, 2014

The Hope of God's Light

"Only in darkness can you see the stars."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Happy new week everyone!! I hope every single one of you had great experiences and learned something about yourself this past week!  I sure did!  

So being put into a new area is really tough, especially if you and your companion are both brand new to the area. I found lost so much patience throughout this past week.  i was super discouraged with the lack of understanding and knowledge i had of this area! and on top of that we have to worry about 22 other missionaries that we are in charge of!  

But I realized throughout this whole week, is that God is always sharing his light.  Sometimes I wait for the sun to rise or the moon to be illuminated, but rarely do I look for the stars. Heavenly Father this last week has given me so many stars to see.  We haven't had sure light bursting moments, but little pieces of light that still illuminate the way before us (me).  Everyday we would experience something that lifted me.  We would meet 1 person that would say "yes".  God's light is so real, but shines in different ways.  Light can be covered with shades but the brilliance of the light is still visible.  Satan tries to cover up His light especially the small light with distraction.  This past week I could have easily missed the stars if I hadn't acknowledged that they were there.

This week met a star.  Her name is Jordan!  Her friend is a member of the ward here in Gahanna.  She is brilliant!  She has been coming to church for the past couple of months, and we met with her this past week for the first time!  She told us about the literal LIGHT that has come into her life resulting from coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon.  I just have to pause on the story and tell you all how awesome it is to each a young adult.  I think about where I would be at their age if I didn't have the gospel then.  I can't imagine myself wanted to listen to two boys dressed in white shirts.  I am so impressed with the spiritual maturity that these young people have.  So back to Jordan.  She said she knows that it is true and would like to be baptized!  She picked Sept. 13!! She picked "13" cause that's my number hahah just kidding.  But what I love most about this whole situation is the fact that she wants to share the light.  She is inviting so many people to church and is inviting her parents.  She is not just another baptism, she is a CONVERT.  Her spunk and fire is so awesome!!!! I am so excited for the missionary she is going to become.  Light is real.

We also have a family in this ward that has two exchange students.  They are the sweetest girls.  We made dinner with them for the member family!  It was so fun.  What was cool is what proceeded after dinner.  We sat down to share a thought and what a video, and following the video one of the girls said, "that was Jesus.  I want to believe in Him."  She explained that her Grandma was a christian back in her country.  She said she wants to learn about Jesus.  I thought that was so awesome!!! Where she comes from there are very little Christians.  The light inside of us grows as we learn and talk of Christ!  Man life is good ya know?!!!  JUST LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!!!  

I love and care about each of you!  I can't wait to be with all of you again. 
Keep adding fuel to your flame!!


love

elder patch

Please everyone watch this video!  Its called "the Hope of God's Light" its rad. just watch it.


Jordan is the blonde one
Dinner with the exchange students!!





No comments:

Post a Comment