Monday, August 11, 2014

GAH-HANNA

I left the promised land!  Oh I am going to miss Riverside SOOOO MUCH.  The ward there was unreal, and the members were so on top of everything!  I seriously am planning on moving back to that ward post mission!  #shortnorth

ANYWAY!!!! I am now in GAHANNA!! It is awesome, but so different!  It kinda reminds me of Marion(my first area).  Everyone is a little different but adds something to the unique culture of the ward.  We have a African American bishop!! That is so cool!  I am so excited for that.  The ward could use a big lift!!!! I am SOOOO EXCITED to get things going!  I think everyone needs a shot of spiritual energy!!! I hope they can handle me..... haha

So my new companion is Elder cutler.  He is a stud.  He is very put together and I have never met a missionary with so much energy! He actually served in Riverside too and was a Zone leader there!  Now we are zone leaders in Gahanna together! kinda cool.  He works so hard and is always looking for ways to serve people.  I have learned so much from his example!  I find myself now seeing opportunities to help in  situations I never before saw!  for example: when I knock at a door he will be behind me pulling weeds!!! I just look and him and say... "really..." hahah he is awesome.  I think people just really love him because he is so persistent on service!  I also have to share my testimony on companionship's.  I think it is so peculiar how Heavenly Father knows the next step in our progression.  He puts us with men or women that can add to our spiritual growth through physical methods.  I really appreciate His interaction in my life.  

I have been thinking a lot about leaving riverside.  I won't lie I was pretty upset.  I really loved it and I felt that there was so much good to be done.  In essence I was pretty comfortable where I was at.  We had a nice apartment(because I would bug our land lord to come fix and update everything haha), and we lived in a really nice area and everyone was so trendy and perfect;).  I really didn't want to leave all of that.  Well I bet you can guess where this is going.  Although I don't have control where I get transferred to( thank goodness I dont), I do have control on how I chose to follow the command.  I also thought about what if I could choose if I wanted to except the call to leave or not?  Would I still go?  I believe Heavenly Father taught me something this week.  I have learned that to get better, stronger, knowledgeable we MUST get uncomfortable!  It also makes me re-evaluate my willingness to follow inspiration.  We invite all the time people to follow the promptings they receive and move forward towards baptism.  I have so much more respect for those who have followed the promptings they have gotten and were baptized. THEY are those we are willing and wanting to grow.  It was so hard for me to except coming here to Gahanna?! But people willinging follow the spirit to baptism?  Talk about an eye opening experience.  I think as Latter-Day saints we to can get so comfortable!! Just because we are "Mormon" doesn't mean we are done!  We have so much work to do!  Because we have the Privilege to sit in church on Sundays and take the sacrament doesn't mean we are saved.  I fully believe we will be accountable with what we do with the truth that we have.  The TRUE purpose of conversion is that once you know it; you share it. So get UNCOMFORTABLE!!! Follow the promptings! Pray for promptings!  Use what is changing your life at this very moment to change someone else's.  I know what this gospel can do.  I know what sweet happiness it brings to those that want peace. Grace for grace.  I love you all so much.  

Stay Classy.
Read the BOM!

Elder Patch

New address!!!

418 Arbors Cir

Gahanna, OH 43230



No comments:

Post a Comment